Candlewick Press seeks a talented IT professional to join our team as Systems Administrator.
- Manage, monitor and support our network infrastructure, perimeter security, and telephony systems; including predominately Windows based server systems under the direction of the Infrastructure Manager.
- Create, manage and maintain server, desktop and mobile systems/device configurations.
- Provide desktop and server support to users across our sites, with an emphasis on US based users and services.
- Manage and monitor all backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Manage, track and record all company IT equipment and software licensing.
- Design, orchestrate and administer in-house user training sessions for all PC and related applications.
- Work collaboratively with other IT staff and departments to research and develop hardware and software strategies, procedures and documentation to improve the efficiency and productivity of the company.
Our Systems Administrator works together with our Infrastructure Manager to provide high performing and stable systems for our users in the US and across the globe. Not only will you provide professional and friendly support to our local US based users, you'll also be part of the Infrastructure team, building, managing and maintaining servers, workstations, mobile devices and security products.
The Systems Administrator should have experience with virtualization platforms (VMware), SAN's, Windows based server systems, Active Directory and Group Policy. Ideally, they are comfortable and able to support both Windows and Mac based systems, but the majority of our systems are Windows based. This role supports a wide range of products, systems and people, ranging from desktop support and printer maintenance through to strategizing and implementing global infrastructure changes - possessing a "can do" attitude is essential.
You should be inquisitive, logical and detail oriented. You should enjoy collaborating on projects and working as part of a team as much as you do on your own. Although delivering and supporting high performing, stable systems is your main goal, providing a friendly and professional level of service to your users is just as important.
At Least 3 Years Commercial Experience with the following:
- Windows Server, Active Directory and Group Policy
- VMware/Hyper-V & SAN's (Channel/iSCSI/NFS etc.)
- MS Exchange/email and messaging platforms
- Perimeter security products (Firewalls, VPN's, IPS, AV, Anti-Spam etc.)
- Centralized desktop/device deployment and management systems
- Microsoft Desktop OS's & Office Apps
- Effective communication skills with both technical and non-technical staff
- Advanced Networking (802.1x, VLAN's, trunking/teams, complex routing etc.)
- VOIP Telephony (3CX)/ Videoconferencing systems (Polycom VC's, H.323)
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) & Content Management (MCM) systems (Air-Watch)
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server, RDS, IIS
- Familiarity with SAAS offerings, e.g. AWS, Azure, Office 365
- Cross platform skills in addition to Windows, e.g. Mac OS, Linux
- Scripting and automation
To Apply: submit a resume and cover letter (noting salary requirements when applying for a full-time position) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing "Systems Administrator"
back to top