Educational Sales Assistant
Candlewick Press seeks an Educational Sales Assistant to join our team and who will assist with administrative and procedural needs and provide support to selling efforts to the educational channel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Handle sales appointment prep for Exec Dir of Educational Sales and Marketing
- Handle processing and follow up of POs that come directly to the office via fax and email
- Assist customers who call the office directly to place orders
- Assist with responding to accounts regarding price and availability checks
- Manage author and illustrator school visits
- Manage Candlewick presence on Skype In the Classroom
- Attend educational shows as needed
Assist with preparations for EBMA conference
- Assist with weekly eNewsFlash to ed account buyers
- Assist with monthly Candlewick Classroom e-newsletter and e-blasts
- Assist with special mailings to educational key accounts
- Assist with direct mail campaigns to educators
- Assist with Best In Class mailings
- Organize catalog mailing to educational accounts each season
- Maintain an EXCEL grid of series and diverse titles – update seasonally
- Fulfill account sample requests and seasonal F&Rs to key accounts.
- Assist with preparations for launch and sales conference meetings
- Perform other tasks as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain strong attention to detail
- Strong follow-up skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MailChimp and Outlook, and social media
- Prior administrative experience, within publishing sales and/or marketing is a plus
- An interest in the publishing industry and sales is strongly preferred
This is a full time, in-house position. Salary is commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package is offered including medical, dental, life, ltd and voluntary insurance plans; flex spending; 401k plan with profit sharing provision; generous paid time off and much more!
To Apply: submit a resume and cover letter (noting salary requirements when applying for a full-time position) via e-mail to email@example.com, referencing "Educational Sales Assistant"
back to top